1. Drive year-over-year improvement in direct and indirect material spend through listed cost saving projects.
2. Lead the development of new suppliers, and better quality raw materials through collaborative supplier management and leadership of internal stakeholders.
3. Help to shape and follow the global procurement strategies, negotiate best term with suppliers, implement outline agreement and contract, manage supplier relationship and get best cost
Management from categories.
4. Proactive management of Working Capital TWC through reduced inventory strategy and optimized Payment Terms
5. Achieve a best-in-class purchasing organization through effective deployment of standard work, supplier management programs and daily management.
6. Build a strong and engaged purchasing team through concise objective-setting and performance appraisals, effective development plans, coaching, top-grading and attracting top-talent.
7. Work cooperated with sales, marketing, R&D and operations towards achieving cost saving and supply chain transformation goals.
1. Bachelor degree, preferred in Chemistry or Chemical Engineering; or Business Administration. Sophisticated purchasing procure to pay process
2. Knowledge of markets for surfactant or additive categories , and have been familiar with commodity solvent and monomers supply channel and relationship.
3. At least 3-year purchasing experience in chemical company, prefer to coating industries or related additive companies.
4. Take over all direct and indirect material spend in China, Responsibilities include supplier selection, suppler management, sourcing, intracompany transaction, procurement process improvement, cost saving , quality and TWC management. Align with global strategies, assist supply chain transformation.
5. Results oriented - has track rcord for delivering results, takes ownership and is accountable. Stretch oriented - embraces and thrives on challenge. Sets high expectations for self and organization.
6. Continue improvement oriented - has familiarity with lean principles and how to apply them for sustainable results in a manufacturing setting. Problem-Solving - able to lead the team through complex problem-solving using a structured approach.
7. Able to balance and execute a global purchasing strategy, while at the same time making an immediate impact.
Elementis plc is a global specialty chemicals company that utilises manufacturing technology and scientific innovation to deliver products that enhance the performance and value of our customers’ products.
We operate in three businesses: Specialty Products, Surfactants and Chromium. The Specialty Products business, which is the Group’s largest business, provides functional additives that enhance the flow characteristics and performance of its customers’ products in applications such as paints and coatings, cosmetics, and oil and gas exploration. The Surfactants business provides surface active chemicals that enhance the performance of its customers’ products in applications such as household cleaners, paper goods and oilfield services. The Chromium business provides chemicals to its customers that make their products more durable in applications such as aerospace alloys, timber treatment and leather production.
Elementis employs c. 1,400 people at more than 30 locations worldwide.
In 2008, Elementis acquired Deuchem which is a leading supplier of additives and resins to coating and related industries that operates in Taiwan as well in China with 11sales offices, manufacturing and technical facilities near Shanghai.